Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Just something i wrote one day.....it's OK....nothing special.

I sat there typing in the laptop, keys clicking away as I write to people form afar. As I type, my mind sees something glimmer in the light of the halogen ceiling lights. It’s a grey-sheened stamped aluminum-bodied case, with its stamped shape and semi-curved nature distinct from anything else. It’s laying among my socks pants and boots. A green boot sock lays partially covering it. My tan suede left boot nudging it ever so slightly as it sits on the cold tiles of my coffin-sized room. It must have fallen out of my pants pocket. I thought I heard it clatter to the floor earlier…….

This small holder of death goes everywhere with me. It’s never far from my side. I check for it before I leave in the morning and at night. It annoys me, but I have to have it. It may help save my life one day. A holder of death that SAVES lives. Imagine that. It contains thirty small cylindrical copper machined cases that hold the dealers of death. On the end of each one a small brass formed pointed killer sits. Each one with a green painted tip. Time has worn on these small death holders; their outsides dull and tarnished from the elements and time. They lay waiting for the only time they will be used to save one life and kill another at the same time. They are the only items in the world that can do both jobs at once.

Laying packed tightly in that metal case, they can’t harm a fly. They lay dormant and still, under pressure from below. The day will come and I will take that case and remove all of those brass objects and hand them over to the next person who will do just what I have done with them.

I can’t wait till I can pull those rounds out of that magazine and turn both of them in!!!

No comments: